Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chocolate Cake

When I was first starting to blog, I was much more methodical about the process. I would jot down ideas and occasionally even start to develop them. One that didn't quite make the cut was about the Betty Crocker microwavable "warm-delight" cakes. I started it, but it quickly degenerated into women's issues with food (kinda boring) so I'll just summarize my point--Yum.

So today when I got the following email, I was reminded of this entry that never came to fruition and just decided to pass this recipe on in blog format instead of another email forward (not that I have a problem with that).

DANGEROUS CHOCOLATE CAKE-IN-A-MUG

1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. cake flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Small splash of vanilla
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips, optional

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork.
Add egg, mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add chips, if using.
Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts.
Cake will rise over top of mug--do not be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little; tip onto a plate if desired.
Eat!
(This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)
***And WHY is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only five minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night!!!***

Haven't actually tried it yet--if any of you get to this before me, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that sounds so good. Ok, while you're posting recipes and talking about food, why don't you post the recipe for the pasta, tomatoes, chicken, etc. you made for us....please, pretty please???? It was so, so good and flavorful and just the type of meal I love. We had leftovers for lunch today, too :-). Thanks so much for treating us!

Melinda said...

OK--I've made this now. It was cool because Peter and I did it together, but not so yummy. I'll play around with the recipe and repost if I find a better way.