Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm leaving town!

Tomorrow I am headed north to Portland for a weekend away. My girlfriend and I have been trying to make this happen since we were there for the Revolve Tour last fall. At the time we were with about a gob-trillion high-school girls, this time it will just be us.

I haven't really travelled with friends just for fun trips. In 2000 my sister and I went to Victoria BC for a weekend. Jason and I have gone to the coast once or twice and then there are the weekends we go away for his races. Last summer I drove to Seattle to visit a friend for a few days. Also, I travel a decent amount for work. Those trips are with coworkers (employees) who are my friends, but there is always that "I'm the boss, you're not" undertone to our relationships. It doesn't mean we don't have fun though.... All that to say, I'm really excited to get away with no purpose in mind other than fun and relaxation.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl ... you two have a blast this weekend! You were right about the giving my men an excuse ... point to ponder :-) Can't wait to hear all about your girl's weekend away - love ya!

Kristen said...

Hey, I'm going to Portland tomorrow too! Well, provided Maree is feeling a little better, she decided to come down with croup yesterday. Have a good time in Portland!!

inWorship said...

Hey, thanks for the link!

Cool to connect here. Where are you guys going to church?

Melinda said...

Ummm, we're at TRF...for the last five years....

Anonymous said...

Wait is this Spees???

Melinda said...

That's us.

Anonymous said...

Gotcha...those little pictures are small. I saw that you knew a lot of TRF people, but I couldn't make you out from the pic

I know you now :)