Sunday, January 13, 2008

To upload a profile picture....

I am not photogenic. Not one teensy bit. This isn't even just my id talking, this is truth. I cannot look like myself in a photo. Fake smile, fake head-holding, fake stance. Well a few months back I was teaching my son how to use the camera and he managed to take a decent picture...of me. Not just me, but me while not posing...fakely....next to a snot-dripping child. This was an enormous accomplishment. So I now have a picture for these web pages where there is a place to put YOUR PROFILE PICTURE. So, I posted it on Facebook, my seldom visited, not really sure why I even have a profile there, trial run. No negative comments, similar posts from old friends. OK, good. Next came MySpace. Amazing, positive feedback on the photo. Even a "you're so beautiful" from an emotive former employee. That's good. Then I got this comment from my age 14-16 best friend--

You sat down to take a 'grown up' picture to share with your friends. A 'just Melinda' picture, if you will. But somehow ... sooooooomehow, a baby hand snuck into the frame. :) A sign of a good mom is that her babies are never far from her side. You look beautiful, Melinda!

Yes, there it is on the right. My daughter's hand with a little pink teddy bear. Oh well. I still like the picture.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It IS a great picture of you...and it wouldn't be right to have a picture without some sign of mommyhood attached. :)