Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Anxiety & Thanksgiving

I went to the Women of Faith conference last weekend. I had a wonderful time with my friends and enjoyed the speakers very much.

The highlight for me was just a short snippet of what Jan Silvious said on Friday. Apparently recent brain mapping research has shown that anxiety and gratitude can not physically exist simultaneously in the brain. Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." It really is true! Not just in a spiritual realm, but in the physical world. With thanksgiving on your brain, anxiety disappears.

This is my cry this week, "THANK YOU LORD THANK YOU LORD THANK YOU LORD." I am finding the smallest things to be grateful for because my anxiety is enormous! So, what are you thankful for? What are you clinging to in order to ward off the anxiety of life?

2 comments:

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

I am INCREDIBLY thankful for the extra time I get to spend with my kiddos that only losing my job could provide!

DeeBee said...

Unintentionally clicked on your blog when I was trying to get somewhere else, but apparently God needed me to see this today. I'm glad you felt compelled to post it because I needed the reminder that thankfulness can chase away the worry-monster that grows way too big sometimes. I'm glad I stumbled your way today.