Sunday, November 21, 2010

Since last we talked...

OK, so blogging used to be a regular part of life. Then life fell apart and I pretty much quit. So here's a nutshell of the past two years. We closed both branches of my business and lost the battle with the bank to keep our house. Since then, we are in our third rental. (Fourth if you count the post-eviction month we lived in our friend's garage apartment). Each move purges more stuff, but the things from two stories plus a barn plus the remains of two businesses take a while to whittle down.

At the urging of God I went back to school to pursue nursing. That has been an amazing journey so far. I love it! However this year I feel He has called me to take some time off to add some income to our family and work on repairing some of the emotional damage done during these challenging post-prosperity years.

With just two exceptions, the circle of friends I had then have seemingly disappeared. I recognize that oftentimes friendships are seasonal, but losing that sense of belonging to a group hurt nonetheless. The friends who have come into my life more recently are amazing and I am so thankful for each and every one of them.

My children are an (almost) daily joy. They are brilliant and wonderful and only occasionally make me want to yank my hair from its roots. They love Jesus. They do well in school and are well liked. I love watching them grow.

My job--packing gift baskets for Harry & David--is perfect for me. I didn't expect to like it, but I really do. It's nice to not be in charge.

I have much to be thankful for. Certainly more than I could have anticipated two years ago when the, um, stuff hit the fan. God is faithful and has already caused much of what has happened to work together for good. I look forward to continuing the journey. Stay tuned!

No comments: