Saturday, November 15, 2008

Subject Line

Do you ever go to start an email and get the subject line and just freeze. I do it often. If I have a purpose other than just catching up or saying "hi" it is no problem. But if I just want to send an email to a friend and share something cool I am doomed to the subject line "hi."
From: myemail@hotmail
Subject: HI
or
Subject: hey
Sometimes I try to be creative and "fun" but I feel like I come off looking like a dork.
Subject: The red turtle flies at midnight.
Subject: The grass could be greener.
For now, I'm going to leave the subject line blank. I don't need the pressure.

1 comment:

Jennifer...aka: Jen or "MOMMM!" said...

LOL! I'm always glad to read/hear something that makes me feel not so alone in my craziness! In college, I had the hardest time coming up w/ titles for my papers. One prof would make a big deal about a "good title - that's what initially grabs the reader!" UGH!! I would have some of my papers written and agonize for days over the title. Fast forward 10 years, I do the same thing. I will type my email, and then sit and stare at the computer for what seems like hours - deciding on a "title" (i.e, what to put in the subject line). Just another reason I like you so much! ;)